Cosmica Painting Recipes•
Posted on February 20 2017
The terrain is base-coated using matt enamel. It seals the mdf and provides a good starting point. Many pieces are painted before assembly to make things easier.
All colors are applied with an airbrush, except where noted as stippled on with blister pack foam, and edge highlights are applied with a brush.
- P3 Menoth White Base
- P3 Menoth White Highlight
- White (any brand)
- P3 Cryx Bane Highlight mixed 50/50 w/ Menoth White Base (shadows)
- Vallejo Orange Brown
- Vallejo Cavalry Brown (shadow)
- Vallejo Scrofulous Brown (highlight)
- Vallejo Ice Yellow mixed in with Scrofulous Brown (edge highlight)
- Vallejo Dark Grey
(The next three colors are stippled on with blister foam):
- Black (any brand)
- P3 Cryx Bane Highlight
- Vallejo Light Grey
- Black (any brand) (shadow)
- Vallejo Light Grey (as a Highlight, sparingly- then as line highlight)
- GW Agrax Earthshade (sprayed via airbrush to darken spots)
- 50/50 Vallejo Orange Brown and Cavalry Brown (sprayed as rust spots)
- Umber Brown (Jay used an oil paint for this step but a P3 Umbral Umber works fine to, applied with blister foam as rust.)
There you have it! We'd love to see your painted versions of Warsenal Cosmica Colony terrain!
Painting Lo Pan's N...
This is a guest blog post by the amazing Adam Huenecke The Warsenal Lo Pan Noodle Hut is one of the most versatile kits in their line of terrain. ...Read More
This post will show you how to best magnetize your Cosmica Frames and Facades for maximum modularity and consistency. This will allow for the easy ...Read More
Painting Tutorial -...
In this final instalment of the Painting Comanche Emplacements Tutorial, we will cover some quick weathering to make these squeaky-clean Emplacemen...Read More